Daggers swoop for non-league duo
Dagenham & Redbridge have made their first signings of the summer, having secured the signatures of non-league stars Jake Reed and Brian Woodall.
Both attacking players, Reed scored 21 goals last season for Great Yarmouth Town, while Woodall was instrumental in helping Gresley clinch the East Midlands County League title.
Manager John Still is unlikely to throw the pair into the first team straightaway, but is hopeful they can eventually prove to be the latest Victoria Road arrivals to make the successful step up from the non-league pyramid.
“They fall into the ‘untried’ category, so we’re not pinning too many hopes on them just yet. Some pick it up very quickly, Danny Green being one, then there are others, like Shane Blackett, who take a little longer, so it’s just a case of seeing how they do,” Still said.
“Brian can play wide on both sides and possibly down the middle as well, we’ve been quite happy with what we’ve seen of him.
You may also want to watch:
“We brought Jake in for a trial game. I saw him myself and was very impressed with him. He’s another attacking player.
“They come in under no pressure, they might take time to settle down, they might not. “But we won’t throw them into the first team straight away with big expectations, I’d like to bring in a few experienced players too.”
- 1 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 2 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 3 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 7 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 8 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 9 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford