Daggers set for more signings
Boss John Still reveals new additions will be unveiled on August 1.
Daggers boss John Still is confident all incoming transfers will be finalised in time for the first game of the season at Macclesfield on August 6.
With six first-team players released over the summer and star midfielders Danny Green and Romain Vincelot sold to Charlton and Brighton respectively, the 61-year-old has been working hard to identify suitable replacements, bringing in several trialists hoping to impress and earn a permanent deal at Victoria Road.
In Daggers latest friendly match at Ebbsfleet on Tuesday new signing Brian Woodall featured, together with trialists Moses Swaiburn, Richard Rose and midfielder Luke Howell and manager Still was impressed with the quartet as he looks to make the final adjustments to his squad.
“I thought they both (Rose and Swaiburn) did okay and I thought Luke Howell looked very, very good,” said Still.
You may also want to watch:
“Brian Woodall has come from six or seven levels below, he was probably a little bit tired because we trained this morning, but he was another one who did well and at the moment preparations are going ok.
“We’re not where I want to be squad wise, I’m still messing about with it at the moment, but by the time the season starts we’ll have everything in place.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
“I’m looking to beef a couple of areas up, so there will still be one or two more changes.
“They’re all in place, but it will be August 1st before those things are settled, they will all be finalised by the first game of the season.”