Daggers set for more signings
Boss John Still reveals new additions will be unveiled on August 1.
Daggers boss John Still is confident all incoming transfers will be finalised in time for the first game of the season at Macclesfield on August 6.
With six first-team players released over the summer and star midfielders Danny Green and Romain Vincelot sold to Charlton and Brighton respectively, the 61-year-old has been working hard to identify suitable replacements, bringing in several trialists hoping to impress and earn a permanent deal at Victoria Road.
In Daggers latest friendly match at Ebbsfleet on Tuesday new signing Brian Woodall featured, together with trialists Moses Swaiburn, Richard Rose and midfielder Luke Howell and manager Still was impressed with the quartet as he looks to make the final adjustments to his squad.
“I thought they both (Rose and Swaiburn) did okay and I thought Luke Howell looked very, very good,” said Still.
You may also want to watch:
“Brian Woodall has come from six or seven levels below, he was probably a little bit tired because we trained this morning, but he was another one who did well and at the moment preparations are going ok.
“We’re not where I want to be squad wise, I’m still messing about with it at the moment, but by the time the season starts we’ll have everything in place.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
“I’m looking to beef a couple of areas up, so there will still be one or two more changes.
“They’re all in place, but it will be August 1st before those things are settled, they will all be finalised by the first game of the season.”