Daggers remain winless but it’s not for lack of effort insists Burnett
Burnett hoping strikers find goalscoring touch as they prepare for Rochdale trip
Seven games have gone and it’s seven without a win for Daggers after they slipped to a 1-0 loss at Victoria Road against Northampton Town on Tuesday night.
Chances continue to be created by John Still’s side, but they have not been able to convert and that is costing them dear.
It was the same again in their latest encounter as Adebayo Akinfenwa’s header five minutes into the second half sealed the three points for the Cobblers.
But coach Wayne Burnett feels their lack of predatory instinct in front of goal isn’t for a lack of effort.
You may also want to watch:
“You could create 100 chances, but if you don’t put them away then it’s pointless,” he said.
“I think it has been a really competitive game tonight and I think Northampton have nicked that goal where we haven’t.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
- 10 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
“I know the gaffer says it is a long season, but we want to be up there and competing.
“We want it to work like everyone else involved at the club does. We are desperate for it to work. It is not for the lack of trying on the training field.”
And Burnett will be hoping the strikers can find their shooting boots this weekend as they make the trip up to Rochdale, who go into the encounter fresh off a 3-2 win against Rotherham Unite courtesy of Kevin McIntyre’s 79th minute strike.