Daggers remain winless but it’s not for lack of effort insists Burnett
Burnett hoping strikers find goalscoring touch as they prepare for Rochdale trip
Seven games have gone and it’s seven without a win for Daggers after they slipped to a 1-0 loss at Victoria Road against Northampton Town on Tuesday night.
Chances continue to be created by John Still’s side, but they have not been able to convert and that is costing them dear.
It was the same again in their latest encounter as Adebayo Akinfenwa’s header five minutes into the second half sealed the three points for the Cobblers.
But coach Wayne Burnett feels their lack of predatory instinct in front of goal isn’t for a lack of effort.
You may also want to watch:
“You could create 100 chances, but if you don’t put them away then it’s pointless,” he said.
“I think it has been a really competitive game tonight and I think Northampton have nicked that goal where we haven’t.
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 7 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
“I know the gaffer says it is a long season, but we want to be up there and competing.
“We want it to work like everyone else involved at the club does. We are desperate for it to work. It is not for the lack of trying on the training field.”
And Burnett will be hoping the strikers can find their shooting boots this weekend as they make the trip up to Rochdale, who go into the encounter fresh off a 3-2 win against Rotherham Unite courtesy of Kevin McIntyre’s 79th minute strike.