Daggers midfielder targets Essex Senior Cup glory
Dagenham & Redbridge 6 Bowers & Pitsea 0
Conor Okus fired in goal number six, as Daggers made light-work of Bowers & Pitsea in the Essex Senior Cup third round on Tuesday – and the midfielder insists the club can go all the way in the competition.
Damian Scannell opened the scoring from close range on 19 minutes, then curled in a stunning second from outside the box three minutes later.
Dominic Green stepped up his return to full fitness with an outstanding performance and grabbed the third goal, then crossed for Scott Doe to head in the fourth before the break.
Daggers continued to dominate in the second period and young full-back Liam Foster set up Josh Scott to lash home the fifth, before Okus completed the rout.
You may also want to watch:
And Okus feels the club can push on and win the trophy for the first time since 2001.
“We’ve got a big squad, a good squad and I think we can go all the way in this competition,” he said.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
“I thought we passed the ball quite well. We created a lot of chances and converted the chances, which is good as well, so it was a good work out.
“We haven’t been winning many games lately, so that win will give some of the lads a bit of confidence.
“Hopefully we can take that into Saturday and get another win.”
Read more from Conor Okus in Thursday’s Ilford Recorder