Daggers midfielder rates team-mate as best goalkeeper in League’s One and Two
Damian Scannell heaps praise on rookie Chris Lewington.
Dagenham & Redbridge winger Damian Scannell has been so impressed by team-mate Chris Lewington’s start to the season, he rates the youngster as the best keeper below the Championship.
Lewington played understudy to record appearance holder Tony Roberts for two seasons, but has made the number 1 spot his own since the Welshman’s retirement, despite having highly-rated Arsenal youngster James Shea hot on his heels.
The 23-year-old has been arguably Daggers star performer this term, having kept three clean sheets already.
Scannell and his team were thwarted by Northampton stopper Sam Walker on Saturday, but the midfielder insists there is no better keeper playing in either League One or League Two than his team-mate.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s not better than Chris Lewington,” he said.
“Chris Lewington is the best keeper in this division and the division above.”
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford