Daggers goalkeeper Lewington fit for Oxford clash but Spillane out
Dagenham & Redbridge goalkeeper Chris Lewington has recovered from concussion picked up in Saturday’s 4-0 loss against Bournemouth.
Dagenham & Redbridge go into tonight’s match against Oxford United with regular goalkeeper Chris Lewington in between the sticks.
Lewington picked up a head injury early on in Saturday’s 4-0 FA Cup loss at AFC Bournemouth, forcing off at half time to be replaced by 18-year-old Jordan Seabright.
But he had been given the all-clear to start tonight’s encounter at the Kassam Stadium after recovering from concussion.
One player who is definitely out of trip to Oxford is Michael Spillane who misses the game after picking up his fifth booking of the season at Bournemouth.
You may also want to watch:
The former Brentford man was also substituted after picking up a knee injury, but Still doesn’t know the extent of the damage sustained as yet.
“Chris said to me afterwards that he should have gone off when he picked up the head injury early on,” said Still.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 3 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 8 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 9 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 10 Heritage: Romford's key role in the English Civil War
“But he carried on until half time but clearly wasn’t right when we went into the changing room so we made the change.
“But he is ok now and is available for tonight. Mickey was already out of tonight because of the five bookings.
“He picked up a knee injury but we don’t know the full extent, though I don’t think it’ll be a long one. He is a doubt for Saturday though.”