Daggers complete defender deal
Dagenham & Redbridge have signed Michael Spillane from Brentford
Dagenham & Redbridge have signed defender Michael Spillane on an 18-month deal.
The former Republic of Ireland under-21 international has been an instant hit since joining on loan from Brentford in November – making nine appearances and scoring one goal.
Spillane said: “It’s been great here since I joined on loan.
“They really are a great bunch of lads who I enjoy spending time with on and off the pitch. I love the manager and the coaching staff so everything has been great. I just want to enjoy my football which is what I’ve been doing here and I’m sure that if I can continue to do that the rest will follow.
You may also want to watch:
“Since I’ve been here the boys have all been brilliant on the pitch and the results have reflected that, so I’m more than confident we can push on this season, stay up and then go from there.”
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford