Daggers brighten youngsters’ Christmas
John Still’s squad visit children at Queens Hospital
CHRISTMAS came early for patients in Queens Hospital, Romford as players and staff from Dagenham & Redbridge paid a visit to the children’s ward on Monday.
Manager John Still gave his squad a break from training to make the annual visit and managing director Stephen Thompson said it was particularly poignant for the younger members of the club’s squad.
“It’s an important thing to do, particularly for the players that don’t have kids,” he said.
“The ones that have are used to seeing sick children, but not necessarily ill enough to be in hospital. But the younger players perhaps haven’t experienced that, so I think it’s good for them.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something we have been doing for many years. The Children’s coordinator at Queens says that it’s something they always look forward to.”
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 6 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 9 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 10 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head