Daggers boss to decide on QPR striker’s future
Troy Hewitt’s one-month loan expires next week, but he may stay on at Victoria Road
Daggers boss John Still has hinted he may extend striker Troy Hewitt’s loan from QPR.
The 21-year-old has spent a month with the Daggers, making two league starts and a further three appearances from the bench, but is yet to score.
Hewitt is due to return to Loftus Road after Saturday’s game with Bristol Rovers.
However, with several strikers unavailable, including Sam Williams who will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury, Still is short of options and may opt to retain speedy forward’s services.
You may also want to watch:
“We may well keep Troy, we’ll have to look at that,” Still said. “It’s been difficult for him, because he came to play with Sam Williams – big man, little man – so losing Sam smacked us right in the face and has done us no good. We’ll look at it.”
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 4 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 10 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area