Daggers boss to decide on QPR striker’s future
Troy Hewitt’s one-month loan expires next week, but he may stay on at Victoria Road
Daggers boss John Still has hinted he may extend striker Troy Hewitt’s loan from QPR.
The 21-year-old has spent a month with the Daggers, making two league starts and a further three appearances from the bench, but is yet to score.
Hewitt is due to return to Loftus Road after Saturday’s game with Bristol Rovers.
However, with several strikers unavailable, including Sam Williams who will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury, Still is short of options and may opt to retain speedy forward’s services.
You may also want to watch:
“We may well keep Troy, we’ll have to look at that,” Still said. “It’s been difficult for him, because he came to play with Sam Williams – big man, little man – so losing Sam smacked us right in the face and has done us no good. We’ll look at it.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 9 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says