Daggers boss John Still swoops for striker Sam
Daggers boss John Still has confirmed former Yeovil striker Sam Williams will sign for the club, following a successful trial spell.
The 24-year-old targetman moves to Victoria Road after being released by the West Country side earlier this summer.
Williams will rival Gavin Tomlin, Jon Nurse and a fit-again Josh Scott for a starting berth when the new season begins and Still is delighted with how his forward line is shaping up.
“I’m pleased with Sam, we’ll be signing him, he’ll be a good addition,” confirmed the Daggers boss.
“But the big plus is a fit Josh Scott. Josh is looking sharp. He got a few more minutes under his belt, so he’ll be pleased with that.”
You may also want to watch:
Backing up the four first team forwards are new signings Brian Woodall and Rob Edmans from Gresley Rovers and Chelmsford respectively.
Injury has prevented Edmans from featuring in Daggers pre-season campaign, but Still has been delighted with Woodall’s progress during his short time at the club.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
“Brian Woodall’s come in from Gresley Rovers. He’s still learning the game, but he’s a handful and I’ve got such high hopes for him,” said the Daggers boss.