Daggers boss John Still swoops for striker Sam
Daggers boss John Still has confirmed former Yeovil striker Sam Williams will sign for the club, following a successful trial spell.
The 24-year-old targetman moves to Victoria Road after being released by the West Country side earlier this summer.
Williams will rival Gavin Tomlin, Jon Nurse and a fit-again Josh Scott for a starting berth when the new season begins and Still is delighted with how his forward line is shaping up.
“I’m pleased with Sam, we’ll be signing him, he’ll be a good addition,” confirmed the Daggers boss.
“But the big plus is a fit Josh Scott. Josh is looking sharp. He got a few more minutes under his belt, so he’ll be pleased with that.”
You may also want to watch:
Backing up the four first team forwards are new signings Brian Woodall and Rob Edmans from Gresley Rovers and Chelmsford respectively.
Injury has prevented Edmans from featuring in Daggers pre-season campaign, but Still has been delighted with Woodall’s progress during his short time at the club.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
“Brian Woodall’s come in from Gresley Rovers. He’s still learning the game, but he’s a handful and I’ve got such high hopes for him,” said the Daggers boss.