Daggers add defender Caprice to ranks
Defender Jake Caprice joins Dagenham & Redbridge on a one month loan deal from Blackpool.
Dagenham & Redbridge have completed the loan signing of Blackpool defender Jake Caprice.
The 20-year-old full back has joined the Victoria Road outfit on a one-month loan deal and is available to go straight into John Still’s side for Saturday’s League Two clash at Burton Albion.
Caprice made the move to Championship side Blackpool after being released by Crystal Palace at the end of the summer, but as of yet has failed to make a Football League appearance for either team.
During his time with the Daggers he will wear shirt number 21 and will be a welcome addition to the squad which is short of options at the back.
You may also want to watch:
On the move, boss Still told the club website: “He is a young player who hasn’t been getting any games for Blackpool, with the loan window shutting soon I didn’t want to leave ourselves short.
“The opportunity came about to sign Jake and, with Blackpool paying his wages, it hasn’t cost the club anything which has allowed us to bring him into the team.”
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
- 10 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner