Daggers add Cherries midfielder Wakefield to squad
Dagenham & Redbridge have brought AFC Bournemouth attacking midfielder Josh Wakefield to Victoria Road on a one-month deal.
Dagenham & Redbridge have completed the loan signing of AFC Bournemouth midfielder Josh Wakefield.
Manager John Still has opted to add the attacking midfielder to his squad before the loan transfer deadline at 5pm.
In a similar deal to Jake Caprice, the Victoria Road outfit haven’t had to pay any contribution towards the wages of the 18-year-old, who could feature in Saturday’s home game against Fleetwood Town.
Still has seen Wakefield in action and believes he follows in the mould of Matt Ritchie, a former loanee at Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
“Josh is a player I have watched a few times and when I first saw him I had the Matt Ritchie feeling,” said Still.
“He was enthusiastic, bright and lively. He can play wide, centre midfield and off a forward. We have been helped by AFC Bournemouth financially and it hasn’t cost us any money to bring him here.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
“I think he will be well received by Daggers supporters because of the enthusiasm he shows.”
Wakefield made his first-team debut for the Cherries under former boss Paul Groves as a substitute in the 1-1 draw with Scunthorpe United back in April, having just signed a one-year professional contract.
Still is hopeful of securing one more loan deal before the window closes.