Dagenham Santathon called off due to icy conditions
Dagenham’s annual Santathon has been cancelled due to poor weather conditions.
Organisers made the difficult decision to call off the charity event earlier today, after walking along the route.
Paul Gwynn, of Dagenham & Redbridge FC which hosts the 5km run, said it would be postponed until a later date.
The extreme weather - which has seen temperatures barely rise above freezing for more than a week - has played havoc across the borough.
Many schools have closed and the driving conditions have been treacherous on the roads after the snow turned into ice.
You may also want to watch:
Dozens of people were expected to take part in the Santathon on Sunday, which raises vital funds for Saint Francis Hospice and Leukaemia CARE.
The POST will announce the revised date once the decision has been made.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 6 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 9 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal