Dagenham Santathon called off due to icy conditions
Dagenham’s annual Santathon has been cancelled due to poor weather conditions.
Organisers made the difficult decision to call off the charity event earlier today, after walking along the route.
Paul Gwynn, of Dagenham & Redbridge FC which hosts the 5km run, said it would be postponed until a later date.
The extreme weather - which has seen temperatures barely rise above freezing for more than a week - has played havoc across the borough.
Many schools have closed and the driving conditions have been treacherous on the roads after the snow turned into ice.
You may also want to watch:
Dozens of people were expected to take part in the Santathon on Sunday, which raises vital funds for Saint Francis Hospice and Leukaemia CARE.
The POST will announce the revised date once the decision has been made.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood