Dagenham Santathon called off due to icy conditions
Dagenham’s annual Santathon has been cancelled due to poor weather conditions.
Organisers made the difficult decision to call off the charity event earlier today, after walking along the route.
Paul Gwynn, of Dagenham & Redbridge FC which hosts the 5km run, said it would be postponed until a later date.
The extreme weather - which has seen temperatures barely rise above freezing for more than a week - has played havoc across the borough.
Many schools have closed and the driving conditions have been treacherous on the roads after the snow turned into ice.
You may also want to watch:
Dozens of people were expected to take part in the Santathon on Sunday, which raises vital funds for Saint Francis Hospice and Leukaemia CARE.
The POST will announce the revised date once the decision has been made.
- 1 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 2 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 3 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 4 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 5 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
- 6 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 7 Rainham primary school creates Sir Captain Tom display
- 8 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 9 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
- 10 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract