Dagenham & Redbridge v Huddersfield Town - POSTPONED
League One match falls victim to the snow
Dagenham & Redbridge’s League One game against Huddersfield Town, scheduled for tomorrow, has been postponed due to safety concerns.
While the pitch was covered before the recent deluge of snow in London, their Yorkshire opponents were due to travel at lunchtime today and, after an inspection, the surrounding walkways and stands have been deemed too big a risk.
“On the advice of Police and the Club Safety officer the game on Saturday against Huddersfield Town has been postponed,” read an official statement.
“Almost a foot of snow is still covering the pitch at the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium but this has helped keep the pitch soft underneath.
You may also want to watch:
“However the surrounding roads, pathways and terraces have caused enough concern for the game to be called off on the grounds of safety.
“A new date for the game will be announced in due course.”
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 5 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
The Daggers’ next scheduled game in Saturday, December 11 at Carlisle United in League One.