Dagenham & Redbridge v Huddersfield Town - POSTPONED
League One match falls victim to the snow
Dagenham & Redbridge’s League One game against Huddersfield Town, scheduled for tomorrow, has been postponed due to safety concerns.
While the pitch was covered before the recent deluge of snow in London, their Yorkshire opponents were due to travel at lunchtime today and, after an inspection, the surrounding walkways and stands have been deemed too big a risk.
“On the advice of Police and the Club Safety officer the game on Saturday against Huddersfield Town has been postponed,” read an official statement.
“Almost a foot of snow is still covering the pitch at the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium but this has helped keep the pitch soft underneath.
You may also want to watch:
“However the surrounding roads, pathways and terraces have caused enough concern for the game to be called off on the grounds of safety.
“A new date for the game will be announced in due course.”
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 5 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 6 Seventh person arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 9 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 10 New care unit for over 75s opens at Queen's Hospital in Romford
The Daggers’ next scheduled game in Saturday, December 11 at Carlisle United in League One.