Dagenham & Redbridge v Huddersfield Town - POSTPONED
League One match falls victim to the snow
Dagenham & Redbridge’s League One game against Huddersfield Town, scheduled for tomorrow, has been postponed due to safety concerns.
While the pitch was covered before the recent deluge of snow in London, their Yorkshire opponents were due to travel at lunchtime today and, after an inspection, the surrounding walkways and stands have been deemed too big a risk.
“On the advice of Police and the Club Safety officer the game on Saturday against Huddersfield Town has been postponed,” read an official statement.
“Almost a foot of snow is still covering the pitch at the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium but this has helped keep the pitch soft underneath.
You may also want to watch:
“However the surrounding roads, pathways and terraces have caused enough concern for the game to be called off on the grounds of safety.
“A new date for the game will be announced in due course.”
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 3 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 4 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 5 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 6 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
The Daggers’ next scheduled game in Saturday, December 11 at Carlisle United in League One.