Dagenham & Redbridge swoop to sign Liverpool starlet
Reds utility man Victor Palsson to sign on at Victoria Road
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have signed teenage starlet Victor Palsson on a youth loan from Liverpool.
The 19-year-old, who has captained the Reds’ reserve team, will initially join up with Daggers until January, but it could be extended until the end of the season.
The Icelandic under-21 international, who is half-Portuguese, can operate in defence or midfield and is known as a physically strong player who is adept at winning headers.
Palsson is eligible to play against Leyton Orient in the FA Cup on Saturday and has been given permission by Liverpool to do so.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster will be able to feature in any Daggers fixture, except if they are drawn against Liverpool in the competition at any stage.
He could now go straight into the first team for the O’s game this weekend if Scott Doe does not shake off the injury picked up Tuesday night’s 4-0 defeat at Southampton.
- 1 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 2 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 3 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 6 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 7 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 8 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat