Dagenham & Redbridge swoop to sign Liverpool starlet
Reds utility man Victor Palsson to sign on at Victoria Road
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have signed teenage starlet Victor Palsson on a youth loan from Liverpool.
The 19-year-old, who has captained the Reds’ reserve team, will initially join up with Daggers until January, but it could be extended until the end of the season.
The Icelandic under-21 international, who is half-Portuguese, can operate in defence or midfield and is known as a physically strong player who is adept at winning headers.
Palsson is eligible to play against Leyton Orient in the FA Cup on Saturday and has been given permission by Liverpool to do so.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster will be able to feature in any Daggers fixture, except if they are drawn against Liverpool in the competition at any stage.
He could now go straight into the first team for the O’s game this weekend if Scott Doe does not shake off the injury picked up Tuesday night’s 4-0 defeat at Southampton.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 7 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August