Dagenham & Redbridge swoop to sign Liverpool starlet
Reds utility man Victor Palsson to sign on at Victoria Road
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have signed teenage starlet Victor Palsson on a youth loan from Liverpool.
The 19-year-old, who has captained the Reds’ reserve team, will initially join up with Daggers until January, but it could be extended until the end of the season.
The Icelandic under-21 international, who is half-Portuguese, can operate in defence or midfield and is known as a physically strong player who is adept at winning headers.
Palsson is eligible to play against Leyton Orient in the FA Cup on Saturday and has been given permission by Liverpool to do so.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster will be able to feature in any Daggers fixture, except if they are drawn against Liverpool in the competition at any stage.
He could now go straight into the first team for the O’s game this weekend if Scott Doe does not shake off the injury picked up Tuesday night’s 4-0 defeat at Southampton.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 4 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 5 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people