Dagenham & Redbridge striker hospitalised with mystery virus
Josh Scott under medical surveillance and ruled out of MK Dons clash
Dagenham & Redbridge striker Josh Scott has been admitted to hospital after failing to recover from a mystery virus.
The former Hayes & Yeading hitman came off the bench in the 1-0 home defeat to Rochdale on January 8, but fell ill soon after and was not involved with the first team squad for last week’s win in Hartlepool.
In the days building up to the game, Scott sent out a series of messages on his Twitter account saying he was suffering from suspected Pneumothorax and was experiencing chest and back pains.
The 25-year-old reported back to the club’s training base on Monday, but it has been confirmed that he has since been admitted to hospital for further tests.
You may also want to watch:
Medical staff at the club suspect Scott is suffering from a type of infection, but are currently waiting for a more detailed diagnosis.
In the meantime, the powerful frontman has been ruled out of this weekend’s home clash against MK Dons.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 6 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor
Elsewhere at Victoria Road, new signing John Akinde has also been ruled out of Saturday’s game.
The 21-year-old is still suffering with the after effects of a groin injury and manager John Still has opted to rest him in a bid to ensure his fitness for the visit of Brentford on Tuesday, February 1.
Striker Romain Jacuzzi, who has been on trial at the club, is very unlikely to sign a contract before Saturday, but remains on Still’s radar and a deal could be offered before the end of the month.