Dagenham & Redbridge sign former West Ham midfielder
Ahmed Abdulla has joined Daggers until the end of the season
Dagenham & Redbridge have signed Ahmed Abdulla on a short-term contract.
Abdulla enjoyed a month’s loan at Victoria Road in January and manager John Still made no secret at the time of his desire to keep the 20-year-old, who made six first team appearances.
The midfielder was released by West Ham after his subsequent return and has now joined Daggers until the end of the season.
Abdulla will go straight into the squad for tomorrow night’s game at league leaders Swindon Town.
You may also want to watch:
Still said: “Since he returned to West Ham we’ve been speaking to him and we’ve now signed him on a short term deal until the end of the season.
“I’m delighted to have him and with the injuries to Peter (Gain), Kevin (Maher) and Luke Howell I think he’s the right addition for us.”
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould