Dagenham & Redbridge set for three new signings
Boss John Still wants to sign a goalkeeper, plus two attacking options before the weekend
Dagenham & Redbridge boss John Still plans to strengthen his squad with up to three new faces before Saturday’s crunch game at Plymouth Argyle.
Still is currently putting the finishing touches on deals for two attacking players and a new goalkeeper, that he hopes to complete tomorrow (Friday).
Following Chris Lewington’s red card against Cheltenham Town on Saturday, Daggers lost an appeal against the dismissal and the 23-year-old must now serve a two-game ban.
That leaves Still with only one first-team goalkeeper available – Dave Hogan – and the Daggers boss revealed that area of the pitch was not the only one he hoped to strengthen.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking at one or two attacking players by the weekend,” he said, without revealing their identity.
“Reason being, the general fitness of everybody is giving us a problem at the moment.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
“Dominic Green, for example, was out for a long time, so he keeps picking up referred injuries.
“Brian Woodall has an ongoing groin problem and we’re feeding him into it.
“It’s an inflammation problem and it’s just a case of judging how many days we need to let him train before a game in order to be available.
“Adam Cunnington when he first came couldn’t be involved every week because he was cup-tied, so we’re getting his levels up and Josh Scott is getting back to fitness too.
“We’re looking at a goalkeeper as well. That’s ongoing.”