Dagenham & Redbridge set for three new signings
Boss John Still wants to sign a goalkeeper, plus two attacking options before the weekend
Dagenham & Redbridge boss John Still plans to strengthen his squad with up to three new faces before Saturday’s crunch game at Plymouth Argyle.
Still is currently putting the finishing touches on deals for two attacking players and a new goalkeeper, that he hopes to complete tomorrow (Friday).
Following Chris Lewington’s red card against Cheltenham Town on Saturday, Daggers lost an appeal against the dismissal and the 23-year-old must now serve a two-game ban.
That leaves Still with only one first-team goalkeeper available – Dave Hogan – and the Daggers boss revealed that area of the pitch was not the only one he hoped to strengthen.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking at one or two attacking players by the weekend,” he said, without revealing their identity.
“Reason being, the general fitness of everybody is giving us a problem at the moment.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
“Dominic Green, for example, was out for a long time, so he keeps picking up referred injuries.
“Brian Woodall has an ongoing groin problem and we’re feeding him into it.
“It’s an inflammation problem and it’s just a case of judging how many days we need to let him train before a game in order to be available.
“Adam Cunnington when he first came couldn’t be involved every week because he was cup-tied, so we’re getting his levels up and Josh Scott is getting back to fitness too.
“We’re looking at a goalkeeper as well. That’s ongoing.”