Daggers pair Bonds and Gordon in provisional Guyana squad for Gold Cup
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Youngsters part of initial 40-man team that must be whittled down to 23 before start of competition
Dagenham & Redbridge pair Elliot Bonds and Liam Gordon have been named in Guyana's provisional squad for this summer's CONCACAF Gold Cup.
The duo have been named in the Golden Jaguars' initial 40-man team for the competition, which must be whittled down to 23 before the start of the event.
Bonds made his debut for Guyana in November last year, while Gordon is still yet to make his bow for Michael Johnson's men
The Golden Jaguars have been drawn in Group D for the Gold Cup, alongside hosts United States, Panama and Trinidad & Tobago.
Guyana begin their campaign against the US in Saint Paul on June 18, before facing Panama in Cleveland on June 22 and tackling Trinidad & Tobago in Kansas City on June 26.
Bonds and Gordon will hope they are in the 23-man squad to play a part in those matches and if selected, they will enjoy a taste of international competition football.
- 1 Property spotlight: Property prices rocket around Premier League team's training ground
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 10 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash