Dagenham and Rainham MP’s dog misses out on best pooch title
MP Jon Cruddas’s four legged friend narrowly missed out on being crowned Westminster Dog of the Year.
The competition pits MPs’ canine companions against each other in a battle for doggy superiority.
The Dagenham and Rainham MP and his Border Terrier, Joni, beat off stiff competition from mutts and MPs from 23 other constituencies.
Little Joni was named runner up but the top prize went to Star, a Norfolk Terrier owned by Charlie Elphicke MP for Dover and Deal.
The MPs were also encouraged to canvas their constituents to gain votes for their pooches.
You may also want to watch:
The awards took place at Victoria Tower Gardens, Westminster on October 25.
- 1 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 10 Charity launches new 'pantry' - free shop for parents in need