Dagenham and Rainham MP’s dog misses out on best pooch title
MP Jon Cruddas’s four legged friend narrowly missed out on being crowned Westminster Dog of the Year.
The competition pits MPs’ canine companions against each other in a battle for doggy superiority.
The Dagenham and Rainham MP and his Border Terrier, Joni, beat off stiff competition from mutts and MPs from 23 other constituencies.
Little Joni was named runner up but the top prize went to Star, a Norfolk Terrier owned by Charlie Elphicke MP for Dover and Deal.
The MPs were also encouraged to canvas their constituents to gain votes for their pooches.
You may also want to watch:
The awards took place at Victoria Tower Gardens, Westminster on October 25.
- 1 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 3 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 4 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 5 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 6 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 9 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 10 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics