Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas: I’ll fight plans to axe Havering’s specialist Fire Rescue Unit
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas has vowed to fight the threat to Havering’s only fire rescue unit (FRU).
The specialist fire engine, which attends road crashes and equips crews to rescue people in hazardous environments, is one of two across the capital that faces the chop under new proposals from the London Fire Brigade.
“This is a real worry and has real consequences across the whole area,” Mr Cruddas told the Recorder.
“I am talking to the Fire Brigades Union about this and can ensure constituents that we will be fighting these cutbacks every step of the way.
“Without this FRU in Havering, the nearest will be in East Ham.
“We are making direct representations to the Mayor of London to halt this cut.”
- 1 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 2 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 4 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 5 Company dismisses 'unscrupulous individuals' reportedly caught flytipping in Rainham
- 6 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 7 Confirmed: Rush Green Post Office set to move
- 8 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 9 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 10 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over