Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas calls for action over Tesco road chaos
Shoppers and drivers in Rainham are calling for action over a Tesco causing traffic chaos – because its entrance and exit are in the same place.
Locals say the design can quickly block both lanes of Rainham Road, having a knock-on effect on the busy nearby junction.
The store opened last year on the site of the former Cherry Tree pub amid protests from locals over the number of supermarkets in the local area.
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas said he had received numerous complaints from constituents – and had been down to take a look.
“In just a short half hour period there were many occasions when one car would be entering the car park as another was trying to enter,” he said. “I will be talking to the local council to try and find a solution to this problem as the junction is incredibly busy and these frequent jams are not helpful to anyone.”
You may also want to watch:
A Tesco spokesman said: “If there are any issues then we’ll do what we can to sort them out. It’s in our interests that our customers can get in and out easily.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor