Dad urges everyone to help keep Harold Hill girl Ashleigh Hughes in Big Brother
The father of a Big Brother semi-finalist is calling for the whole of Havering to get behind her.
John Hughes, of Wigton Way, Harold Hill, says it is Ashleigh’s big personality that has kept her in the Channel 5 reality show.
He said: “She gets on with everyone in the house and all those who have come out so far have said that she is the one who is the most genuine. When we look at her on TV, she is exactly the same as she is at home.”
Viewers have seen Ashleigh, who used to work for Debenhams in Romford, bond with the other housemates.
She also celebrated her 21st birthday in the house with a party. As a special treat, the Big Brother team arranged for her dog to be taken into the house for a few hours.
John said: “It has been really strange watching her on TV. But we haven’t missed her too much because we see her for two hours every night on TV.”
He told Ashleigh to apply for Big Brother last year when they were watching an episode.
- 1 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 2 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 5 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 6 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 7 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 8 Free parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season
- 9 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
He is now appealing for people to vote for her so she can make it through to the finals on Monday (August 13) and stay in the running for the cash prize.
n To vote from a landline, call 09016 161701 and from a mobile call 6505801. Votes cost 34p.