Young woman punched in head and dragged into Pages Wood during daylight mugging attempt
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old woman was punched several times in the head before being dragged out of view in Pages Wood, Harold Wood, by a man trying to rob her.
The broad-daylight attack left the victim with a broken wrist and police have today launched a fresh appeal to catch the culprit.
The Recorder first launched an appeal five months ago but witnesses are still yet to come forward.
The young woman was walking through the wood on March 23 at around 3.30pm when she was suddenly approached and assaulted.
The would-be mugger hit her in the back of the head several times before knocking her onto the ground and dragging her off the past by her wrist.
You may also want to watch:
He demanded money and continued to assault the young victim until the attacker ran off after being disturbed by a passing dog walker.
The suspect is described as a white man, aged in his mid-to-late 20s, 5ft 10in tall, of a medium build with short brown hair.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
At the time of the attack he was wearing a black jacket and dark trousers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Havering police on 101 quoting reference 5404341/14 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.