Young woman punched in head and dragged into Pages Wood during daylight mugging attempt
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old woman was punched several times in the head before being dragged out of view in Pages Wood, Harold Wood, by a man trying to rob her.
The broad-daylight attack left the victim with a broken wrist and police have today launched a fresh appeal to catch the culprit.
The Recorder first launched an appeal five months ago but witnesses are still yet to come forward.
The young woman was walking through the wood on March 23 at around 3.30pm when she was suddenly approached and assaulted.
The would-be mugger hit her in the back of the head several times before knocking her onto the ground and dragging her off the past by her wrist.
You may also want to watch:
He demanded money and continued to assault the young victim until the attacker ran off after being disturbed by a passing dog walker.
The suspect is described as a white man, aged in his mid-to-late 20s, 5ft 10in tall, of a medium build with short brown hair.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 6 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 7 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 8 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 9 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 10 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
At the time of the attack he was wearing a black jacket and dark trousers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Havering police on 101 quoting reference 5404341/14 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.