Young woman punched in head and dragged into Pages Wood during daylight mugging attempt
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old woman was punched several times in the head before being dragged out of view in Pages Wood, Harold Wood, by a man trying to rob her.
The broad-daylight attack left the victim with a broken wrist and police have today launched a fresh appeal to catch the culprit.
The Recorder first launched an appeal five months ago but witnesses are still yet to come forward.
The young woman was walking through the wood on March 23 at around 3.30pm when she was suddenly approached and assaulted.
The would-be mugger hit her in the back of the head several times before knocking her onto the ground and dragging her off the past by her wrist.
You may also want to watch:
He demanded money and continued to assault the young victim until the attacker ran off after being disturbed by a passing dog walker.
The suspect is described as a white man, aged in his mid-to-late 20s, 5ft 10in tall, of a medium build with short brown hair.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
At the time of the attack he was wearing a black jacket and dark trousers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Havering police on 101 quoting reference 5404341/14 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.