Young woman punched in head and dragged into Pages Wood during daylight mugging attempt
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old woman was punched several times in the head before being dragged out of view in Pages Wood, Harold Wood, by a man trying to rob her.
The broad-daylight attack left the victim with a broken wrist and police have today launched a fresh appeal to catch the culprit.
The Recorder first launched an appeal five months ago but witnesses are still yet to come forward.
The young woman was walking through the wood on March 23 at around 3.30pm when she was suddenly approached and assaulted.
The would-be mugger hit her in the back of the head several times before knocking her onto the ground and dragging her off the past by her wrist.
He demanded money and continued to assault the young victim until the attacker ran off after being disturbed by a passing dog walker.
The suspect is described as a white man, aged in his mid-to-late 20s, 5ft 10in tall, of a medium build with short brown hair.
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 7 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 8 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 9 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
At the time of the attack he was wearing a black jacket and dark trousers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Havering police on 101 quoting reference 5404341/14 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.