X Factor star Jesy Nelson, of Little Mix, ‘at centre of kidnap plot’
An X Factor star from Romford was at the centre of an incredible kidnap plot after it emerged her drug dealing brother had been threatened by underworld characters.
Johnny Nelson – older brother of Little Mix’s Jesy Nelson - was spared jail despite being caught selling two wraps of cocaine to an undercover reporter in a car park in Hornchurch.
Nelson appeared at Southend Crown Court after admitting selling the class A drug just days after his sister and her bandmates scooped the reality TV title.
It emerged the 23-year-old was feeding a �100-a-day cocaine habit which had left him in debt to a dealer who he knew only as a ‘Mr Turner’.
Nelson, whose mum Janis, 51, is a PCSO in Canvey Island, Essex, had pleaded guilty to a single charge of supplying cocaine at an earlier hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Nelson said a drug debt of �500 had been increased to �3,000 by the dealer.
He told the court that he was warned by Mr Turner his sister would be kidnapped unless he came up with the cash.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
He said: “I spoke to him on the phone - he had threatened to kidnap my sister because she had just become famous.
“He called me again and said ‘you will have to do me a few favours’.”
Nelson also said he had been attacked with a baseball bat and was left with a broken left arm.
He said the drug debt was why he had sold the drug for �80 on December 14 last year.
Nelson’s family were in the courtroom to hear evidence but sister Jesy stayed away.
James Lachkovic, defending, said Nelson was “simply a delivery boy and one simply cannot envisage a lesser role than that”.
Judge Jonathan Black branded Nelson “stupid” for agreeing to become involved.
He said: “This will no doubt cause embarrassment to your sister who has taken a strong anti-drugs stance.”
Judge Black said the threats received by Nelson, and his previous good character, meant he would not be jailing him.
Nelson was sentenced to a 10-month prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, and ordered carry out 200 hours unpaid work.
He was also ordered to pay costs of �600.
He was also sentenced for driving infringements to run concurrently.
There is no suggestion that teetotal Jesy, or her family, knew of Nelson’s drug dealing, or were involved.
All four of Little Mix have said they would never use drugs or drink.