Two women taken to hospital after chemical fumes detected at Collier Row home
- Credit: Collier Row - what's going on
Emergency services were called to Larchwood Avenue this morning.
Two women have been taken to hospital after cleaning products mixed together and gave off chemical fumes at a Collier Row home.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called at 11.30am today (Wednesday, January 9) to Larchwood Avenue, and emergency services left the scene just before 1pm.
An LFB spokesman said two women left the property before emergency services arrived, and were treated at the scene by the London Ambulance Service before being taken to hospital.
One of the women was taken to hospital as a priority,
A sweep of the building was undertaken by the fire brigade, and no elevated readings of chemical fumes were detected in the house.
London Ambulance service were called just after 11am and sent two ambulance crews, a single responder in a car and the hazardous area response team (HART).
- 1 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 2 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 3 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 4 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 5 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 6 Hundreds oppose Harold Wood scheme to stop cars driving around schools at peak times
- 7 The Mercury: What do sales of The Liberty and The Brewery mean for Romford's town centre?
- 8 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 9 Gidea Park owner increasingly 'worried' in search for missing cat
- 10 Appeal: Man left with broken jaw after Romford pub assault
Thee Metropolitan Police have been contacted for further information.