Woman tied up in Great Warley armed robbery
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A woman had her wrists and ankles tied up following an armed robbery at a shop.
Police are appealing for information after two men – one armed with a small black handgun – entered the McColl’s convienence store yesterday in Eagle Way, Great Warley, at about 7.15am and forced the woman in her 50s to open a safe.
After they emptied the safe of its contents – believed to be worth a four-figure sum – they tied up the woman and left the shop.
The man carrying the gun is described as white, between 5ft 2ins and 5ft 8ins tall, of slim build and spoke with a local accent. He wore a black tracksuit and was clean shaven.
The second man is described as being between 5ft 4ins and 5ft 8ins tall, of stocky build, and wearing a dark hooded top with the words SCHOTT NYC on the back.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Brentwood police on 101.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds