Woman tied up in Great Warley armed robbery
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A woman had her wrists and ankles tied up following an armed robbery at a shop.
Police are appealing for information after two men – one armed with a small black handgun – entered the McColl’s convienence store yesterday in Eagle Way, Great Warley, at about 7.15am and forced the woman in her 50s to open a safe.
After they emptied the safe of its contents – believed to be worth a four-figure sum – they tied up the woman and left the shop.
The man carrying the gun is described as white, between 5ft 2ins and 5ft 8ins tall, of slim build and spoke with a local accent. He wore a black tracksuit and was clean shaven.
The second man is described as being between 5ft 4ins and 5ft 8ins tall, of stocky build, and wearing a dark hooded top with the words SCHOTT NYC on the back.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Brentwood police on 101.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens