Woman slashed on Collier Row doorstep by fake Christmas delivery man
- Credit: Archant
This is the horrific moment a woman was slashed across the face by a knife-wielding thug posing as a delivery man two days before Christmas last year.
The attack in Carter Drive, Collier Row, was featured on Crimewatch on Monday night because the attacker is still at large almost a year on.
CCTV footage shows the man being dropped off in a car at about 6.30pm before walking to the woman’s door with a knife concealed under a parcel.
When the 39-year-old answers the door the man launches a terrifying attack before running off towards Collier Row Road, where he then got into a vehicle.
Havering detectives are appealing for information.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as tanned, around 5ft 9ins tall with facial stubble. He is said to have been wearing a plain woolly hat and dark clothing.
Anyone who can identify this man is asked to call officers from Havering CID on 01708 779110 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years