Woman slashed on Collier Row doorstep by fake Christmas delivery man
- Credit: Archant
This is the horrific moment a woman was slashed across the face by a knife-wielding thug posing as a delivery man two days before Christmas last year.
The attack in Carter Drive, Collier Row, was featured on Crimewatch on Monday night because the attacker is still at large almost a year on.
CCTV footage shows the man being dropped off in a car at about 6.30pm before walking to the woman’s door with a knife concealed under a parcel.
When the 39-year-old answers the door the man launches a terrifying attack before running off towards Collier Row Road, where he then got into a vehicle.
Havering detectives are appealing for information.
The man is described as tanned, around 5ft 9ins tall with facial stubble. He is said to have been wearing a plain woolly hat and dark clothing.
Anyone who can identify this man is asked to call officers from Havering CID on 01708 779110 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 3 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 10 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement