Woman pleads guilty to swapping licence plates before going on crime spree in Romford and Hornchurch
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A woman in her early 30s put false licence plates on her hatchback before embarking on a robbery rampage across Romford and Hornchurch, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard yesterday.
Claire Kinsey, 32, of Putterill Close, Thaxted, Essex, swapped licence plates on her silver Peugeot 206 before mounting a crime spree on the evening of November 18.
Driving across Romford, Hornchurch and Upminster, she assaulted six pedestrians in the space of an hour, robbing two of items including purses, handbags and phones.
Kinsey pleaded guilty to all eight counts for which she was indicted; two counts of robbery; four counts of assault with intent to rob; one count of converting criminal property; and one count of dangerous driving.
As she left the dock, Kinsey requested that a handwritten note be passed to her defence solicitor Peter Bedingfield which she said would “explain everything better,” and which Mr Bedingfield opted not to read aloud.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Oliver Del Fabbro recommended that the sentencing judge take into account a history of domestic abuse and mental health issues.
The date of her sentencing, yet to be confirmed, will take place after March 12.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says