Woman dies in Hornchurch house fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after a house fire that took hold in the early hours of this morning in Hornchurch.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers were called to a fire on Laburnum Avenue at 4.06am, this morning,
It is understood the fire had damaged part of the ground floor of a mid-terraced house.
But a London Fire Brigade spokesman said the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two other people from the address, both men, have been taken to an east London hospital in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin are in the process of being informed.
The LFB says it had the fire under control at 5.48am and crews from Hornchurch, Dagenham and Romford fire stations attended the incident.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 7 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
A spokesman added the cause of the fire is under investigation, and Metropolitan Police officers are working alongside LFB fire investigators.