Woman dies in Hornchurch house fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after a house fire that took hold in the early hours of this morning in Hornchurch.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers were called to a fire on Laburnum Avenue at 4.06am, this morning,
It is understood the fire had damaged part of the ground floor of a mid-terraced house.
But a London Fire Brigade spokesman said the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two other people from the address, both men, have been taken to an east London hospital in a critical condition.
Next of kin are in the process of being informed.
The LFB says it had the fire under control at 5.48am and crews from Hornchurch, Dagenham and Romford fire stations attended the incident.
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 7 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
A spokesman added the cause of the fire is under investigation, and Metropolitan Police officers are working alongside LFB fire investigators.