Woman dies in Hornchurch house fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after a house fire that took hold in the early hours of this morning in Hornchurch.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers were called to a fire on Laburnum Avenue at 4.06am, this morning,
It is understood the fire had damaged part of the ground floor of a mid-terraced house.
But a London Fire Brigade spokesman said the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two other people from the address, both men, have been taken to an east London hospital in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin are in the process of being informed.
The LFB says it had the fire under control at 5.48am and crews from Hornchurch, Dagenham and Romford fire stations attended the incident.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 9 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
A spokesman added the cause of the fire is under investigation, and Metropolitan Police officers are working alongside LFB fire investigators.