Witness appeal: Man released under investigation in connection with suspected bar brawl in Vertigo Lounge, Hornchurch
- Credit: Archant
A 45-year-old man has been released under investigation in connection with a suspected bar brawl in Hornchurch.
Police were called to reports of a seriously injured man at the Vertigo Lounge in Station Lane, Hornchurch shortly after midnight on Saturday (December 16).
A 33-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering head injuries.
He is thought to be in a serious, but not life threatening, condition.
Officers believe the man was injured falling down stairs, having been pushed by another man following an altercation.
You may also want to watch:
A 45-year-old man was arrested several hours later at an address nearby and taken to an east London police station.
Anyone who witnessed the incident should call East Area CID on 020 8345 2724. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 3 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 6 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages