‘Window shot at’ as detectives investigate burglary in Harold Hill by men believed to have firearm
- Credit: PA WIRE
Detectives are investigating an aggravated burglary by two men after reports of a window being shot at.
The incident happened at 2.45am yesterday morning at a home in Sheffield Drive, Harold Hill.
Police say two men armed with a pellet gun broke into the home and assaulted one of the occupants.
A police helicopter was despatched to the area after a man is believed to have ran off to Dagnam Park in a bid to escape capture.
Neighbours have spoken of their shock after hearing a window being smashed in the burglary.
You may also want to watch:
A resident on Sheffield Drive who wished to remain anonymous, said: “I heard a bang and then a smash as a window was shot at.
“At first I thought it was kids messing about but I suddenly realised it was more serious when I heard the commotion.
- 1 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 2 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 7 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 8 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 9 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 10 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
“Within ten minutes a helicopter was circling the street and police were out looking for the guy.”
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed a 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary.