‘Window shot at’ as detectives investigate burglary in Harold Hill by men believed to have firearm
- Credit: PA WIRE
Detectives are investigating an aggravated burglary by two men after reports of a window being shot at.
The incident happened at 2.45am yesterday morning at a home in Sheffield Drive, Harold Hill.
Police say two men armed with a pellet gun broke into the home and assaulted one of the occupants.
A police helicopter was despatched to the area after a man is believed to have ran off to Dagnam Park in a bid to escape capture.
Neighbours have spoken of their shock after hearing a window being smashed in the burglary.
You may also want to watch:
A resident on Sheffield Drive who wished to remain anonymous, said: “I heard a bang and then a smash as a window was shot at.
“At first I thought it was kids messing about but I suddenly realised it was more serious when I heard the commotion.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
“Within ten minutes a helicopter was circling the street and police were out looking for the guy.”
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed a 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary.