‘Window shot at’ as detectives investigate burglary in Harold Hill by men believed to have firearm
- Credit: PA WIRE
Detectives are investigating an aggravated burglary by two men after reports of a window being shot at.
The incident happened at 2.45am yesterday morning at a home in Sheffield Drive, Harold Hill.
Police say two men armed with a pellet gun broke into the home and assaulted one of the occupants.
A police helicopter was despatched to the area after a man is believed to have ran off to Dagnam Park in a bid to escape capture.
Neighbours have spoken of their shock after hearing a window being smashed in the burglary.
You may also want to watch:
A resident on Sheffield Drive who wished to remain anonymous, said: “I heard a bang and then a smash as a window was shot at.
“At first I thought it was kids messing about but I suddenly realised it was more serious when I heard the commotion.
- 1 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 2 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 3 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 6 Havering pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Fundraiser launched for £1,500 to buy Elm Park defibrillator
- 8 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 9 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 10 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
“Within ten minutes a helicopter was circling the street and police were out looking for the guy.”
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed a 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary.