‘Window shot at’ as detectives investigate burglary in Harold Hill by men believed to have firearm
- Credit: PA WIRE
Detectives are investigating an aggravated burglary by two men after reports of a window being shot at.
The incident happened at 2.45am yesterday morning at a home in Sheffield Drive, Harold Hill.
Police say two men armed with a pellet gun broke into the home and assaulted one of the occupants.
A police helicopter was despatched to the area after a man is believed to have ran off to Dagnam Park in a bid to escape capture.
Neighbours have spoken of their shock after hearing a window being smashed in the burglary.
A resident on Sheffield Drive who wished to remain anonymous, said: “I heard a bang and then a smash as a window was shot at.
“At first I thought it was kids messing about but I suddenly realised it was more serious when I heard the commotion.
- 1 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 2 'The smell is foul': Brigade called to more than 70 fires at Rainham site since 2018
- 3 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
- 4 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
- 5 Man, 52, found with head injuries in Hornchurch
- 6 'A social club for the community': 90-year-old Hornchurch snooker hall to close after 'losing battle' over lease
- 7 Man arrested after allegedly begging while armed with hammer
- 8 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 9 Proposal to bulldoze Romford shops to make way for 15 homes
“Within ten minutes a helicopter was circling the street and police were out looking for the guy.”
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed a 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary.