Rainham and Wennington the worst for car theft in Havering
- Credit: Adriana Elgueta
Rainham and Wennington has recorded the highest level of vehicle-related crime in Havering, over a two year period, according to Metropolitan Police data.
In 2018 Rainham recorded 239 crimes, with 255 in 2019. Romford Town had 239 in 2019 and Gooshays 218. Most wards recorded an increase, with 2,845 in total recorded across all wards for 2018 and 2,890 for 2019.
Just Upminster, Cranham and Emerson Park recorded a slight decrease.
Of four crimes recorded – theft of vehicles, theft from vehicles, interfering with vehicles and aggravated taking (carjacking) – the most frequent offence was theft of vehicles.
There were 1,339 across the borough for 2018 and 1,266 in 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Although the lowest-recorded offence was carjacking, it doubled from one year to the next, with 16 in 2018 and 31 in 2019. Heaton, Hylands, Mawneys, Pettits and Rainham and Wennington had none in the first year, with Pettits recording an increase of four. In total, the worst for carjacking was South Hornchurch with six in total. Emerson Park and Squirrel’s Heath did not record any for the two year period.
- 1 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 5 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks