Rainham and Wennington the worst for car theft in Havering
- Credit: Adriana Elgueta
Rainham and Wennington has recorded the highest level of vehicle-related crime in Havering, over a two year period, according to Metropolitan Police data.
In 2018 Rainham recorded 239 crimes, with 255 in 2019. Romford Town had 239 in 2019 and Gooshays 218. Most wards recorded an increase, with 2,845 in total recorded across all wards for 2018 and 2,890 for 2019.
Just Upminster, Cranham and Emerson Park recorded a slight decrease.
Of four crimes recorded – theft of vehicles, theft from vehicles, interfering with vehicles and aggravated taking (carjacking) – the most frequent offence was theft of vehicles.
There were 1,339 across the borough for 2018 and 1,266 in 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Although the lowest-recorded offence was carjacking, it doubled from one year to the next, with 16 in 2018 and 31 in 2019. Heaton, Hylands, Mawneys, Pettits and Rainham and Wennington had none in the first year, with Pettits recording an increase of four. In total, the worst for carjacking was South Hornchurch with six in total. Emerson Park and Squirrel’s Heath did not record any for the two year period.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 5 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 6 Seventh person arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 9 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood