Rainham and Wennington the worst for car theft in Havering
- Credit: Adriana Elgueta
Rainham and Wennington has recorded the highest level of vehicle-related crime in Havering, over a two year period, according to Metropolitan Police data.
In 2018 Rainham recorded 239 crimes, with 255 in 2019. Romford Town had 239 in 2019 and Gooshays 218. Most wards recorded an increase, with 2,845 in total recorded across all wards for 2018 and 2,890 for 2019.
Just Upminster, Cranham and Emerson Park recorded a slight decrease.
Of four crimes recorded – theft of vehicles, theft from vehicles, interfering with vehicles and aggravated taking (carjacking) – the most frequent offence was theft of vehicles.
There were 1,339 across the borough for 2018 and 1,266 in 2019.
Although the lowest-recorded offence was carjacking, it doubled from one year to the next, with 16 in 2018 and 31 in 2019. Heaton, Hylands, Mawneys, Pettits and Rainham and Wennington had none in the first year, with Pettits recording an increase of four. In total, the worst for carjacking was South Hornchurch with six in total. Emerson Park and Squirrel’s Heath did not record any for the two year period.
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 3 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 10 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford