West Ham striker Diafra Sakho ‘arrested on suspicion of assault’ in Emerson Park
- Credit: Empics Sports Photography Ltd.
West Ham striker Diafra Sakho has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of assault in Emerson Park.
The Senegalese international was arrested on Thursday – three days before the club’s 2-0 win over Arsenal – according to national newspaper reports.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Officers from Tower Hamlets have arrested a man on suspicion of common assault, criminal damage and malicious communication.
“The 25-year-old was arrested on Thursday August 6 at an address in Emerson Park, Hornchurch.
“He was taken to an east London police station and has been bailed to a date in late September.”
You may also want to watch:
Sakho joined the Hammers last summer, scoring 10 goals for the team in 24 appearances. He played 89 minutes in Sunday’s clash with Arsenal, the team’s opening match of the season.
The club has been contacted for a comment.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 9 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 10 Shaken Not Stirred: James Bond fan co-founds group and brings thousands of 007 lovers together