West Ham striker Diafra Sakho ‘arrested on suspicion of assault’ in Emerson Park
- Credit: Empics Sports Photography Ltd.
West Ham striker Diafra Sakho has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of assault in Emerson Park.
The Senegalese international was arrested on Thursday – three days before the club’s 2-0 win over Arsenal – according to national newspaper reports.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Officers from Tower Hamlets have arrested a man on suspicion of common assault, criminal damage and malicious communication.
“The 25-year-old was arrested on Thursday August 6 at an address in Emerson Park, Hornchurch.
“He was taken to an east London police station and has been bailed to a date in late September.”
You may also want to watch:
Sakho joined the Hammers last summer, scoring 10 goals for the team in 24 appearances. He played 89 minutes in Sunday’s clash with Arsenal, the team’s opening match of the season.
The club has been contacted for a comment.
- 1 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 2 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 5 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 6 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 7 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 8 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 9 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks