West Ham striker Diafra Sakho ‘arrested on suspicion of assault’ in Emerson Park
- Credit: Empics Sports Photography Ltd.
West Ham striker Diafra Sakho has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of assault in Emerson Park.
The Senegalese international was arrested on Thursday – three days before the club’s 2-0 win over Arsenal – according to national newspaper reports.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Officers from Tower Hamlets have arrested a man on suspicion of common assault, criminal damage and malicious communication.
“The 25-year-old was arrested on Thursday August 6 at an address in Emerson Park, Hornchurch.
“He was taken to an east London police station and has been bailed to a date in late September.”
You may also want to watch:
Sakho joined the Hammers last summer, scoring 10 goals for the team in 24 appearances. He played 89 minutes in Sunday’s clash with Arsenal, the team’s opening match of the season.
The club has been contacted for a comment.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 9 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months