Wedding ring stolen while Romford mum sat in bath
A young mum had her wedding room burgled from her house as she sat in the bath with her two young children asleep in the next room.
The mum, from Pettits Lane in Romford, had been in the bathroom when thieves broke in through the back door last Wednesday night, stealing her engagement, wedding and eternity rings.
The woman, who did not wish to be named, said it was terrifying that her two sons, aged one and four, and husband had all been asleep when the attack happened.
She has now appealed for help finding the platinum wedding ring, which she’s owned for seven years.
She said: “The wedding ring is worthless now, it’s probably only worth �400. It’d cost more to melt it down.
You may also want to watch:
“But it means so much to me and I just want it back. Its inscription says ‘you and no other forever.’”
The thieves also took laptops and a diamond engagement ring worth �15,000.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 3 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 4 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 5 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 8 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 10 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
Anyone with information should call Romford Police on: 0300 123 1212 or 101.