Wedding ring stolen while Romford mum sat in bath
A young mum had her wedding room burgled from her house as she sat in the bath with her two young children asleep in the next room.
The mum, from Pettits Lane in Romford, had been in the bathroom when thieves broke in through the back door last Wednesday night, stealing her engagement, wedding and eternity rings.
The woman, who did not wish to be named, said it was terrifying that her two sons, aged one and four, and husband had all been asleep when the attack happened.
She has now appealed for help finding the platinum wedding ring, which she’s owned for seven years.
She said: “The wedding ring is worthless now, it’s probably only worth �400. It’d cost more to melt it down.
You may also want to watch:
“But it means so much to me and I just want it back. Its inscription says ‘you and no other forever.’”
The thieves also took laptops and a diamond engagement ring worth �15,000.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
Anyone with information should call Romford Police on: 0300 123 1212 or 101.