Wedding ring stolen while Romford mum sat in bath
A young mum had her wedding room burgled from her house as she sat in the bath with her two young children asleep in the next room.
The mum, from Pettits Lane in Romford, had been in the bathroom when thieves broke in through the back door last Wednesday night, stealing her engagement, wedding and eternity rings.
The woman, who did not wish to be named, said it was terrifying that her two sons, aged one and four, and husband had all been asleep when the attack happened.
She has now appealed for help finding the platinum wedding ring, which she’s owned for seven years.
She said: “The wedding ring is worthless now, it’s probably only worth �400. It’d cost more to melt it down.
“But it means so much to me and I just want it back. Its inscription says ‘you and no other forever.’”
The thieves also took laptops and a diamond engagement ring worth �15,000.
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 5 WATCH: Man accelerates towards unconscious victim outside Sugar Hut
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 8 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 9 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 10 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
Anyone with information should call Romford Police on: 0300 123 1212 or 101.