Violent pub brawl spills into Rainham street
- Credit: Archant
Two men were badly beaten up with wooden sticks when a violent pub brawl spilled out into the street on Friday night.
Police were called just after 10pm to the New Angel Inn pub, Broadway, Rainham after reports of a group of men fighting.
Ambulance crews also attended and took one man to hospital following the attack, which the police are treating as GBH.
Cllr Jeff Tucker witnessed two men getting beaten up with long wooden sticks in Upminster Road South, around the corner from the pub.
“I saw a group of blokes come up, probably aged about 25-30,” he said. “Two of them had long bits of wood and they hit this guy and kicked him – he was a giant, at least 6”7 – they really beat him up.
You may also want to watch:
“There was another bloke on the floor for a while covered in blood, but he wasn’t as badly injured.
“We haven’t had this behaviour for a long time in the village. I don’t know how it started but violence is not the answer and we don’t tolerate it.”
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 6 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
Cllr Tucker said the attackers fled down Upminster Road South, away from the village.
Havering police are investigating and inquiries continue. No arrests have been made.
The man’s injuries are not said to be life threatening.
Broadway in Rainham Village was closed until 5am on Saturday while officers dealt with the situation.