Video: Masked robbers drag woman in her 60s by hair during Brentwood attack
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a fresh appeal to find the six masked men who assaulted a woman and robbed her jewellery at her Brentwood home.
The horrendous CCTV footage of the aggravated burglary was aired on last night's Crimewatch.
Six men exited a grey-silver Audi which pulled onto the driveway of the house in Hook End Road, Brentwood, on November 22 last year.
At approximately 3.25pm they approached the house some of them carrying metal poles.
Five of them barged their way into the house to confront the terrified woman, who is in her 60s, while one stood guard outside.
You may also want to watch:
They demanded jewellery and when she refused they ripped her necklace and bracelets from her.
Two of the assailants then rushed over to the external garage after the victim lied and informed them her valuables were kept in there.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood
When they failed to find what they are looking for, one of the gang forced her to the garage by her hair.
After she started to scream they dragged her back towards the house but on the way she fell over and appears to have hit her head on the front door frame.
The men ignored her and fled to the car before speeding off.
Presenter Martin Bayfield said: "These men attacked a lone woman in her own home in the middle of the afternoon, they may be masked but someone knows who they are. Names please."
The women did not need hospital treatment following the attack but a police spokesman said she was left badly shaken.
Anyone who knows who the six men may be are urged to contact Crimewatch on 0500 600 600 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Click the link to see the video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01vrhxf