Video: Masked robbers drag woman in her 60s by hair during Brentwood attack
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a fresh appeal to find the six masked men who assaulted a woman and robbed her jewellery at her Brentwood home.
The horrendous CCTV footage of the aggravated burglary was aired on last night's Crimewatch.
Six men exited a grey-silver Audi which pulled onto the driveway of the house in Hook End Road, Brentwood, on November 22 last year.
At approximately 3.25pm they approached the house some of them carrying metal poles.
Five of them barged their way into the house to confront the terrified woman, who is in her 60s, while one stood guard outside.
You may also want to watch:
They demanded jewellery and when she refused they ripped her necklace and bracelets from her.
Two of the assailants then rushed over to the external garage after the victim lied and informed them her valuables were kept in there.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 6 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 9 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal
When they failed to find what they are looking for, one of the gang forced her to the garage by her hair.
After she started to scream they dragged her back towards the house but on the way she fell over and appears to have hit her head on the front door frame.
The men ignored her and fled to the car before speeding off.
Presenter Martin Bayfield said: "These men attacked a lone woman in her own home in the middle of the afternoon, they may be masked but someone knows who they are. Names please."
The women did not need hospital treatment following the attack but a police spokesman said she was left badly shaken.
Anyone who knows who the six men may be are urged to contact Crimewatch on 0500 600 600 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Click the link to see the video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01vrhxf