Video: Cyclist knocked over and assaulted by van driver in Emerson Park
- Credit: Archant
This shocking footage shows a cyclist being knocked off his bike and then assaulted by a white van driver.
The assault, captured on a head-worn camera, took place near Emerson Park Station in December.
It was uploaded to YouTube, where it has been viewed thousands of times, leading Essex Police to post on Twitter asking the victim to come forward to help with an investigation.
It shows a white van with the name of a Billericay-based company, Taylor Landscaping, written on it driving alongside a cyclist, where the cyclist shouts “get off the phone, you muppet”.
The van then appears to swerve into the bike, knocking the cyclist over before the driver emerges, swearing, and a fight takes place.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police tweeted yesterday: “We’re aware of a You Tube video of a cyclist being assaulted + would advise the victim to contact police on 101 so it can be investigated.”
They told the Recorder: “We are aware of a YouTube video which appears to show a cyclist being assaulted. It has not been established where this happened but officers who have viewed the video of the assault believe it may have taken place outside of Essex, possibly in the Hornchurch area.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
“Nonetheless we would urge the victim to contact police on 101 so an investigation can begin.”
Havering Police have now issued the same appeal.
Are you the cyclist in the video? Contact Sam on 020 8477 3810 or email@example.com.