VIDEO: CCTV footage of burglar in Thatchers Arms pub, Warley
Essex Police have released CCTV footage of a man they wish to speak to in connection with a burglary in Warley in which a four-figure sum of money was stolen.
A man forced open the door of a room above The Thatchers Arms pub, Warley Road, Great Warley between 10am and 1pm on Sunday, March 27.
The burglar was unaware that he was being filmed for three-and-a-half minutes as he calmly searched the property, looking for things to steal.
Dc Laura Dyer said: “The owners of the pub believe the man shown in the CCTV may have been in the pub prior to the burglary. He is very distinctive, particularly in the way he is dressed. Do you recognise the man in the hat? Did you see him in the pub?”
Anyone who recognises him or has information that could help police with their investigations is asked to contact CID at Brentwood police station on 101, or 0300 333 4444.
You may also want to watch:
Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
To view the footage press the play button on the video, or visit Essex Police’s Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/essexpoliceuk.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 9 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 10 Shaken Not Stirred: James Bond fan co-founds group and brings thousands of 007 lovers together