VIDEO: CCTV footage of burglar in Thatchers Arms pub, Warley
Essex Police have released CCTV footage of a man they wish to speak to in connection with a burglary in Warley in which a four-figure sum of money was stolen.
A man forced open the door of a room above The Thatchers Arms pub, Warley Road, Great Warley between 10am and 1pm on Sunday, March 27.
The burglar was unaware that he was being filmed for three-and-a-half minutes as he calmly searched the property, looking for things to steal.
Dc Laura Dyer said: “The owners of the pub believe the man shown in the CCTV may have been in the pub prior to the burglary. He is very distinctive, particularly in the way he is dressed. Do you recognise the man in the hat? Did you see him in the pub?”
Anyone who recognises him or has information that could help police with their investigations is asked to contact CID at Brentwood police station on 101, or 0300 333 4444.
You may also want to watch:
Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
To view the footage press the play button on the video, or visit Essex Police’s Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/essexpoliceuk.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 3 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back