VIDEO: CCTV footage of burglar in Thatchers Arms pub, Warley
Essex Police have released CCTV footage of a man they wish to speak to in connection with a burglary in Warley in which a four-figure sum of money was stolen.
A man forced open the door of a room above The Thatchers Arms pub, Warley Road, Great Warley between 10am and 1pm on Sunday, March 27.
The burglar was unaware that he was being filmed for three-and-a-half minutes as he calmly searched the property, looking for things to steal.
Dc Laura Dyer said: “The owners of the pub believe the man shown in the CCTV may have been in the pub prior to the burglary. He is very distinctive, particularly in the way he is dressed. Do you recognise the man in the hat? Did you see him in the pub?”
Anyone who recognises him or has information that could help police with their investigations is asked to contact CID at Brentwood police station on 101, or 0300 333 4444.
You may also want to watch:
Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
To view the footage press the play button on the video, or visit Essex Police’s Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/essexpoliceuk.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 8 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell