Victim receives surgery after machete fight in Heath Park Road, Romford
The 28-year-old man hacked with a machete during a fight in Romford underwent surgery yesterday to treat the “severe” wounds to his arm.
The man was involved in a fight with another male in Heath Park Road on Wednesday in what was the second knife attack within a space of a week.
Police were called to the scene at 5.40pm after they received reports of two men fighting.
Police closed the road until midnight while they investigated the crime scene.
The wounded man was taken to an east London hospital and underwent surgery yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought he remains under the care of doctors.
Havering CID is investigating the incident but no arrests have been made.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
The knife attack followed just five days after a 19-year-old man received multiple stab wounds in Nando’s in the Brewery Shopping Centre.
Pedrito Domingos, 19, of Cowbridge Lane, Barking, has been charged with attempted murder after the Nando’s attack.
Contact Havering CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if you have any information relating to the attacks.
Man hacked with machete during fight in Heath Park Road, RomfordThe Brewery says security regarded with ‘utmost importance’ after Romford Nando’s stabbingMan charged with attempted murder over stabbing in Nando’s, in the Brewery shopping centre, Romford