Victim receives surgery after machete fight in Heath Park Road, Romford
The 28-year-old man hacked with a machete during a fight in Romford underwent surgery yesterday to treat the “severe” wounds to his arm.
The man was involved in a fight with another male in Heath Park Road on Wednesday in what was the second knife attack within a space of a week.
Police were called to the scene at 5.40pm after they received reports of two men fighting.
Police closed the road until midnight while they investigated the crime scene.
The wounded man was taken to an east London hospital and underwent surgery yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought he remains under the care of doctors.
Havering CID is investigating the incident but no arrests have been made.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
The knife attack followed just five days after a 19-year-old man received multiple stab wounds in Nando’s in the Brewery Shopping Centre.
Pedrito Domingos, 19, of Cowbridge Lane, Barking, has been charged with attempted murder after the Nando’s attack.
Contact Havering CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if you have any information relating to the attacks.
Man hacked with machete during fight in Heath Park Road, RomfordThe Brewery says security regarded with ‘utmost importance’ after Romford Nando’s stabbingMan charged with attempted murder over stabbing in Nando’s, in the Brewery shopping centre, Romford