Vandals smash windows of Elm Park Library
Vandals smashed the windows of Elm Park Library on Sunday night.
A Havering libraries manager said on on Monday: “[They] have thrown bricks through our huge windows at Elm Park Library. They have destroyed five of them in total - they are massive windows so will be expensive to replace.”
Joe Dobisz contacted the Recorder to express his shock at the vandalism.
He said: “It is a pillar of the community especially for toddlers and older people and also people that have no access to the net.”
A Havering Council spokesman said that the Saint Nicholas Avenue facility was open as usual today in spite the hooliganism.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 9 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 10 Shaken Not Stirred: James Bond fan co-founds group and brings thousands of 007 lovers together