Vandals smash windows of Elm Park Library
Vandals smashed the windows of Elm Park Library on Sunday night.
A Havering libraries manager said on on Monday: “[They] have thrown bricks through our huge windows at Elm Park Library. They have destroyed five of them in total - they are massive windows so will be expensive to replace.”
Joe Dobisz contacted the Recorder to express his shock at the vandalism.
He said: “It is a pillar of the community especially for toddlers and older people and also people that have no access to the net.”
A Havering Council spokesman said that the Saint Nicholas Avenue facility was open as usual today in spite the hooliganism.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell