Upminster man in court charged with 2001 driveway murder
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Three men, including one from Upminster, are set to appear at court today over a driveway killing that took place 16 years ago.
Kane Ward, 52, of Boyd Close, will appear before Medway magistrates alongside David Carvel, 51, of Plains Farm Close, Colchester, and Terence Barry, 43, of no fixed address.
All three were arrested in the early hours of yesterday morning and have now been charged with conspiracy to murder Leonard Naylor.
A fourth man who was arrested at the same time, 51-year-old Robert Blackwell, of Atlas Road, Plaistow, was also charged with conspiracy to murder and appeared before magistrates yesterday.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Maidstone Crown Court on Wednesday, April 5.
Mr Naylor, 46, died after suffering multiple gunshot wounds on the driveway of his home in Bracondale Avenue, Istead Rise, Kent on April 18, 2001.
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 7 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 8 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 9 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'