Upminster man in court charged with 2001 driveway murder
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Three men, including one from Upminster, are set to appear at court today over a driveway killing that took place 16 years ago.
Kane Ward, 52, of Boyd Close, will appear before Medway magistrates alongside David Carvel, 51, of Plains Farm Close, Colchester, and Terence Barry, 43, of no fixed address.
All three were arrested in the early hours of yesterday morning and have now been charged with conspiracy to murder Leonard Naylor.
A fourth man who was arrested at the same time, 51-year-old Robert Blackwell, of Atlas Road, Plaistow, was also charged with conspiracy to murder and appeared before magistrates yesterday.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Maidstone Crown Court on Wednesday, April 5.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Naylor, 46, died after suffering multiple gunshot wounds on the driveway of his home in Bracondale Avenue, Istead Rise, Kent on April 18, 2001.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'