Upminster man in court charged with 2001 driveway murder
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Three men, including one from Upminster, are set to appear at court today over a driveway killing that took place 16 years ago.
Kane Ward, 52, of Boyd Close, will appear before Medway magistrates alongside David Carvel, 51, of Plains Farm Close, Colchester, and Terence Barry, 43, of no fixed address.
All three were arrested in the early hours of yesterday morning and have now been charged with conspiracy to murder Leonard Naylor.
A fourth man who was arrested at the same time, 51-year-old Robert Blackwell, of Atlas Road, Plaistow, was also charged with conspiracy to murder and appeared before magistrates yesterday.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Maidstone Crown Court on Wednesday, April 5.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Naylor, 46, died after suffering multiple gunshot wounds on the driveway of his home in Bracondale Avenue, Istead Rise, Kent on April 18, 2001.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 6 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?