Upminster man in court charged with 2001 driveway murder
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Three men, including one from Upminster, are set to appear at court today over a driveway killing that took place 16 years ago.
Kane Ward, 52, of Boyd Close, will appear before Medway magistrates alongside David Carvel, 51, of Plains Farm Close, Colchester, and Terence Barry, 43, of no fixed address.
All three were arrested in the early hours of yesterday morning and have now been charged with conspiracy to murder Leonard Naylor.
A fourth man who was arrested at the same time, 51-year-old Robert Blackwell, of Atlas Road, Plaistow, was also charged with conspiracy to murder and appeared before magistrates yesterday.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Maidstone Crown Court on Wednesday, April 5.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Naylor, 46, died after suffering multiple gunshot wounds on the driveway of his home in Bracondale Avenue, Istead Rise, Kent on April 18, 2001.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 7 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 8 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?