Upminster man arrested on suspicion of child prostitution
- Credit: Archant
Further arrests have been made following a police investigation into an Essex-based escort agency.
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiring to arrange or facilitate the prostitution of a child and intentionally controlling the activities of another in relation to prostitution following an investigation of website Girls4U.
Those arrested include a 48-year-old man from Upminster, a 53-year-old man from Shoebury and a 29-year-old man from Westcliff – they were arrested in September and October.
The latest arrests follow two arrests made in August of a 68-year-old Brentwood man and a 38-year-old Shoeburyness man, who were arrested on suspicion of conspiring to arrange or facilitate the prostitution of a child under the age of 18, intentionally controlling the activities of another in relation to prostitution and supplying class A and B drugs.
The 38-year-old man and the 53-year-old man have been bailed until February 27, with the 68-year-old man being bailed until January 6.
You may also want to watch:
The two other men have been bailed until December 11.
Essex Police are appealing for anyone with information about the Girls4U website to contact the investigation team on 101 or call Crimestoppers annonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Unions provide stationery packs to Barking, Dagenham and Havering children
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57