Upminster man arrested on suspicion of child prostitution
- Credit: Archant
Further arrests have been made following a police investigation into an Essex-based escort agency.
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiring to arrange or facilitate the prostitution of a child and intentionally controlling the activities of another in relation to prostitution following an investigation of website Girls4U.
Those arrested include a 48-year-old man from Upminster, a 53-year-old man from Shoebury and a 29-year-old man from Westcliff – they were arrested in September and October.
The latest arrests follow two arrests made in August of a 68-year-old Brentwood man and a 38-year-old Shoeburyness man, who were arrested on suspicion of conspiring to arrange or facilitate the prostitution of a child under the age of 18, intentionally controlling the activities of another in relation to prostitution and supplying class A and B drugs.
The 38-year-old man and the 53-year-old man have been bailed until February 27, with the 68-year-old man being bailed until January 6.
You may also want to watch:
The two other men have been bailed until December 11.
Essex Police are appealing for anyone with information about the Girls4U website to contact the investigation team on 101 or call Crimestoppers annonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 7 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 8 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 9 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 10 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury