Upminster man arrested on suspicion of child prostitution
- Credit: Archant
Further arrests have been made following a police investigation into an Essex-based escort agency.
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiring to arrange or facilitate the prostitution of a child and intentionally controlling the activities of another in relation to prostitution following an investigation of website Girls4U.
Those arrested include a 48-year-old man from Upminster, a 53-year-old man from Shoebury and a 29-year-old man from Westcliff – they were arrested in September and October.
The latest arrests follow two arrests made in August of a 68-year-old Brentwood man and a 38-year-old Shoeburyness man, who were arrested on suspicion of conspiring to arrange or facilitate the prostitution of a child under the age of 18, intentionally controlling the activities of another in relation to prostitution and supplying class A and B drugs.
The 38-year-old man and the 53-year-old man have been bailed until February 27, with the 68-year-old man being bailed until January 6.
You may also want to watch:
The two other men have been bailed until December 11.
Essex Police are appealing for anyone with information about the Girls4U website to contact the investigation team on 101 or call Crimestoppers annonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months