Teenagers from Upminster and Woodford Green arrested on suspicion of robbery
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Two teenagers from Upminster and Woodford Green have been arrested on suspicion of robbery after reports expensive coats were being targeted in Brentwood.
A group of teenagers allegedly stole a Canada Goose and a dark green Prada coat from two teenagers near the Baytree Centre in Coptfold Road, Brentwood just before 6.30pm on April 5.
Police were also called to reports that a boy had been threatened with a knife in Shenfield Road, and his grey Canada Goose coat was stolen.
Passers-by intervened and a hat, which had also been taken, was recovered.
A total of six teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of robbery. One of the boys, a 16-year-old from Upminster was also arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, a 14-year-old from Woodford Green was also arrested for failing to appear at court.
The teenagers remain in custody as police enquiries continue.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 5 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 6 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Police unit for 'high-harm' crimes tackles hike in domestic incidents
- 9 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open