Teenagers from Upminster and Woodford Green arrested on suspicion of robbery
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Two teenagers from Upminster and Woodford Green have been arrested on suspicion of robbery after reports expensive coats were being targeted in Brentwood.
A group of teenagers allegedly stole a Canada Goose and a dark green Prada coat from two teenagers near the Baytree Centre in Coptfold Road, Brentwood just before 6.30pm on April 5.
Police were also called to reports that a boy had been threatened with a knife in Shenfield Road, and his grey Canada Goose coat was stolen.
Passers-by intervened and a hat, which had also been taken, was recovered.
A total of six teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of robbery. One of the boys, a 16-year-old from Upminster was also arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, a 14-year-old from Woodford Green was also arrested for failing to appear at court.
The teenagers remain in custody as police enquiries continue.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 9 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder