UPDATE: Tickets being accepted on buses and tubes as disruption expected until 8.30pm
- Credit: Archant
Train tickets are being accepted on buses and tubes after a man was killed by a train at Romford Station.
Greater Anglia said services would face delays until 8.30pm tonight.
While three of the four lines affected have now reopened, Romford Station remains closed, although services are passing through Romford.
Mainline train services from Ipswich, Norwich and Colchester may terminate/start at Shenfield, or Colchester.
Customers for Norwich and Ipswich, may travel on services via Cambridge and onwards to Ipswich or Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Customers holding advance purchase tickets may use alternative trains, if your designated train does not run.
Local bus services are conveying passengers between Stratford and Harold Wood in both directions until further notice.
- 1 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 2 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 3 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 4 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 5 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 6 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 7 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 8 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
Tfl Bus routes 86 & 25 serve stations on the route between Stratford and Harold Wood.
C2C services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.
Underground services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.
Arrangements have been made for Abellio Greater Anglia rail tickets to be accepted for all these journeys.
Stansted Express said it was expecting disruption until 8.30pm.
And passengers travelling from Liverpool Street into Essex are facing delays.