UPDATE: Tickets being accepted on buses and tubes as disruption expected until 8.30pm
- Credit: Archant
Train tickets are being accepted on buses and tubes after a man was killed by a train at Romford Station.
Greater Anglia said services would face delays until 8.30pm tonight.
While three of the four lines affected have now reopened, Romford Station remains closed, although services are passing through Romford.
Mainline train services from Ipswich, Norwich and Colchester may terminate/start at Shenfield, or Colchester.
Customers for Norwich and Ipswich, may travel on services via Cambridge and onwards to Ipswich or Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Customers holding advance purchase tickets may use alternative trains, if your designated train does not run.
Local bus services are conveying passengers between Stratford and Harold Wood in both directions until further notice.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 10 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
Tfl Bus routes 86 & 25 serve stations on the route between Stratford and Harold Wood.
C2C services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.
Underground services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.
Arrangements have been made for Abellio Greater Anglia rail tickets to be accepted for all these journeys.
Stansted Express said it was expecting disruption until 8.30pm.
And passengers travelling from Liverpool Street into Essex are facing delays.