UPDATE: Tickets being accepted on buses and tubes as disruption expected until 8.30pm
- Credit: Archant
Train tickets are being accepted on buses and tubes after a man was killed by a train at Romford Station.
Greater Anglia said services would face delays until 8.30pm tonight.
While three of the four lines affected have now reopened, Romford Station remains closed, although services are passing through Romford.
Mainline train services from Ipswich, Norwich and Colchester may terminate/start at Shenfield, or Colchester.
Customers for Norwich and Ipswich, may travel on services via Cambridge and onwards to Ipswich or Norwich.
Customers holding advance purchase tickets may use alternative trains, if your designated train does not run.
Local bus services are conveying passengers between Stratford and Harold Wood in both directions until further notice.
- 1 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
- 2 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 3 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 4 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 5 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 6 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 7 Hundreds oppose Harold Wood scheme to stop cars driving around schools at peak times
- 8 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 9 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 10 Permission granted for streetlights along footpath to hospital
Tfl Bus routes 86 & 25 serve stations on the route between Stratford and Harold Wood.
C2C services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.
Underground services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.
Arrangements have been made for Abellio Greater Anglia rail tickets to be accepted for all these journeys.
Stansted Express said it was expecting disruption until 8.30pm.
And passengers travelling from Liverpool Street into Essex are facing delays.