Update: Police continue search for Romford man and abducted son
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police continue to search for a Romford man who took his three-year-old son from foster parents on Saturday.
Robert Gurling, from Romford, also known as Reg, was last seen at Great Notley, near Braintree, at about 10.30am on Saturday.
DCI Simon Werrett, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “We have been making extensive enquiries. It may be that they are staying in hotels or bed and breakfasts. Mr Gurling has taken his child from his foster parents and it is vital that we find them so we can ensure the boy is safe and well.”
Mr Gurling is white, aged in his 40s, 6ft tall, of medium build and has cropped dark brown greying hair. He was wearing a grey tracksuit top and jeans.
On Saturday police said he was not allowed unsupervised access to his son.
You may also want to watch:
The boy has blonde hair and was wearing a jacket, grey tracksuit bottoms and red trainers.
They may be travelling in a blue car.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Construction of new Rainham Leisure centre pushed back to 2022
Anyone who sees Mr Gurling and his son should phone 999 immediately. Anyone with less-urgent information about their whereabouts should call Essex Police on 01245 282103