Update: Police continue search for Romford man and abducted son
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police continue to search for a Romford man who took his three-year-old son from foster parents on Saturday.
Robert Gurling, from Romford, also known as Reg, was last seen at Great Notley, near Braintree, at about 10.30am on Saturday.
DCI Simon Werrett, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “We have been making extensive enquiries. It may be that they are staying in hotels or bed and breakfasts. Mr Gurling has taken his child from his foster parents and it is vital that we find them so we can ensure the boy is safe and well.”
Mr Gurling is white, aged in his 40s, 6ft tall, of medium build and has cropped dark brown greying hair. He was wearing a grey tracksuit top and jeans.
On Saturday police said he was not allowed unsupervised access to his son.
You may also want to watch:
The boy has blonde hair and was wearing a jacket, grey tracksuit bottoms and red trainers.
They may be travelling in a blue car.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 5 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 6 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Police unit for 'high-harm' crimes tackles hike in domestic incidents
- 9 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
Anyone who sees Mr Gurling and his son should phone 999 immediately. Anyone with less-urgent information about their whereabouts should call Essex Police on 01245 282103