Update: Police continue search for Romford man and abducted son
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police continue to search for a Romford man who took his three-year-old son from foster parents on Saturday.
Robert Gurling, from Romford, also known as Reg, was last seen at Great Notley, near Braintree, at about 10.30am on Saturday.
DCI Simon Werrett, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “We have been making extensive enquiries. It may be that they are staying in hotels or bed and breakfasts. Mr Gurling has taken his child from his foster parents and it is vital that we find them so we can ensure the boy is safe and well.”
Mr Gurling is white, aged in his 40s, 6ft tall, of medium build and has cropped dark brown greying hair. He was wearing a grey tracksuit top and jeans.
On Saturday police said he was not allowed unsupervised access to his son.
You may also want to watch:
The boy has blonde hair and was wearing a jacket, grey tracksuit bottoms and red trainers.
They may be travelling in a blue car.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 9 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
Anyone who sees Mr Gurling and his son should phone 999 immediately. Anyone with less-urgent information about their whereabouts should call Essex Police on 01245 282103