Unmarked police car stolen from sleeping officer’s Brentwood home
Police are warning the public not to pull over if requested by the driver of a blue Skoda Octavia with flashing lights as it could be driven by an imposter.
The unmarked police car was stolen from outside a police officers Doddinghurst, Brentwood, home as he slept on Thursday just before 12.30am.
A burglar broke into his home and stole the keys to the car before driving off in the blue estate car that has blue lights and a siren.
A police spokesman said: “We want to make motorists aware that this car is not being driven by a police officer and so they should not pull over if requested to do so by the driver who is probably the individual who stole it.
“We would ask people who see this car on the road to report it to police immediately.”
The vehicle has a DE12 registration plate.
Anyone with information should contact police on 999 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 3 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 4 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 5 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 6 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 7 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 8 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 9 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 10 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas