Unmarked police car stolen from sleeping officer’s Brentwood home
Police are warning the public not to pull over if requested by the driver of a blue Skoda Octavia with flashing lights as it could be driven by an imposter.
The unmarked police car was stolen from outside a police officers Doddinghurst, Brentwood, home as he slept on Thursday just before 12.30am.
A burglar broke into his home and stole the keys to the car before driving off in the blue estate car that has blue lights and a siren.
A police spokesman said: “We want to make motorists aware that this car is not being driven by a police officer and so they should not pull over if requested to do so by the driver who is probably the individual who stole it.
“We would ask people who see this car on the road to report it to police immediately.”
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle has a DE12 registration plate.
Anyone with information should contact police on 999 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 7 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 8 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows
- 9 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing