Unmarked police car stolen from sleeping officer’s Brentwood home
Police are warning the public not to pull over if requested by the driver of a blue Skoda Octavia with flashing lights as it could be driven by an imposter.
The unmarked police car was stolen from outside a police officers Doddinghurst, Brentwood, home as he slept on Thursday just before 12.30am.
A burglar broke into his home and stole the keys to the car before driving off in the blue estate car that has blue lights and a siren.
A police spokesman said: “We want to make motorists aware that this car is not being driven by a police officer and so they should not pull over if requested to do so by the driver who is probably the individual who stole it.
“We would ask people who see this car on the road to report it to police immediately.”
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle has a DE12 registration plate.
Anyone with information should contact police on 999 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 7 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears