Unmarked police car stolen from sleeping officer’s Brentwood home
Police are warning the public not to pull over if requested by the driver of a blue Skoda Octavia with flashing lights as it could be driven by an imposter.
The unmarked police car was stolen from outside a police officers Doddinghurst, Brentwood, home as he slept on Thursday just before 12.30am.
A burglar broke into his home and stole the keys to the car before driving off in the blue estate car that has blue lights and a siren.
A police spokesman said: “We want to make motorists aware that this car is not being driven by a police officer and so they should not pull over if requested to do so by the driver who is probably the individual who stole it.
“We would ask people who see this car on the road to report it to police immediately.”
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle has a DE12 registration plate.
Anyone with information should contact police on 999 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week