Un-bee-lievable beehive found at Gidea Park crossing
- Credit: Gregory Wright
A surprisingly big beehive left residents bewildered when they came across the swarm of bees when they crossed a road.
Gregory Wright, 71, from Gidea Park, and his friend had just left The Ship pub in Main Road, last Thursday, when they noticed the swarm gathered on the pole of the pedestrian crossing beacon.
He said: “It wasn’t immediately clear what it was but when a car headlight illuminated the pole we were astounded to see the swarm of bees.
“They were still there on Friday morning but were gone later that evening.
“I did call the council, as other people had, but was told it wasn’t their responsibility as the crossing was owned by TfL (Transport for London).
Did you see the swarm of bees? Or have you seen anything else out of the ordinary in Havering? If so, email email@example.com
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 7 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 8 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 9 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'