Un-bee-lievable beehive found at Gidea Park crossing
- Credit: Gregory Wright
A surprisingly big beehive left residents bewildered when they came across the swarm of bees when they crossed a road.
Gregory Wright, 71, from Gidea Park, and his friend had just left The Ship pub in Main Road, last Thursday, when they noticed the swarm gathered on the pole of the pedestrian crossing beacon.
He said: “It wasn’t immediately clear what it was but when a car headlight illuminated the pole we were astounded to see the swarm of bees.
“They were still there on Friday morning but were gone later that evening.
“I did call the council, as other people had, but was told it wasn’t their responsibility as the crossing was owned by TfL (Transport for London).
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the swarm of bees? Or have you seen anything else out of the ordinary in Havering? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park