Un-bee-lievable beehive found at Gidea Park crossing
- Credit: Gregory Wright
A surprisingly big beehive left residents bewildered when they came across the swarm of bees when they crossed a road.
Gregory Wright, 71, from Gidea Park, and his friend had just left The Ship pub in Main Road, last Thursday, when they noticed the swarm gathered on the pole of the pedestrian crossing beacon.
He said: “It wasn’t immediately clear what it was but when a car headlight illuminated the pole we were astounded to see the swarm of bees.
“They were still there on Friday morning but were gone later that evening.
“I did call the council, as other people had, but was told it wasn’t their responsibility as the crossing was owned by TfL (Transport for London).
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the swarm of bees? Or have you seen anything else out of the ordinary in Havering? If so, email email@example.com
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 9 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder