Un-bee-lievable beehive found at Gidea Park crossing
- Credit: Gregory Wright
A surprisingly big beehive left residents bewildered when they came across the swarm of bees when they crossed a road.
Gregory Wright, 71, from Gidea Park, and his friend had just left The Ship pub in Main Road, last Thursday, when they noticed the swarm gathered on the pole of the pedestrian crossing beacon.
He said: “It wasn’t immediately clear what it was but when a car headlight illuminated the pole we were astounded to see the swarm of bees.
“They were still there on Friday morning but were gone later that evening.
“I did call the council, as other people had, but was told it wasn’t their responsibility as the crossing was owned by TfL (Transport for London).
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the swarm of bees? Or have you seen anything else out of the ordinary in Havering? If so, email email@example.com
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 5 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 6 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Police unit for 'high-harm' crimes tackles hike in domestic incidents
- 9 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open