Two men charged with the murder of Elm Park man that was stabbed to death
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged with the murder of Raja Ali.
Abubaker Omar-Bana, 25, of Rochford Close, East Ham, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, charged with the murder of the 33-year-old.
He was kept in custody to appear at the Old Bailey the next day and further remanded to appear at the same court on December 19.
Mussa Jalo, 20, of Norfolk Road, Dagenham, was arrested on Thursday, charged with murder the following day and appeared in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.
Another two men were arrested on Thursday in connection with the killing in Braintree Road, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
A 33-year-old has been bailed to a date in mid November while a 27-year-old has been bailed to a date in late November.
Mr Ali was attacked by a group of men in Stansgate Road, Dagenham, at about 7.30pm on Sunday, September 25.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 9 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
He managed to stagger around the corner to Braintree Road but collapsed from his wounds and died a short while later. His next of kin have been informed.
Four other men – three aged 21 and another 26 – were arrested on Wednesday September 28 on suspicion of murder.
All were taken into custody at an east London police station and later bailed to return on dates on dates in mid November, pending further enquiries.