Two men charged with the murder of Elm Park man that was stabbed to death
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged with the murder of Raja Ali.
Abubaker Omar-Bana, 25, of Rochford Close, East Ham, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, charged with the murder of the 33-year-old.
He was kept in custody to appear at the Old Bailey the next day and further remanded to appear at the same court on December 19.
Mussa Jalo, 20, of Norfolk Road, Dagenham, was arrested on Thursday, charged with murder the following day and appeared in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.
Another two men were arrested on Thursday in connection with the killing in Braintree Road, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
A 33-year-old has been bailed to a date in mid November while a 27-year-old has been bailed to a date in late November.
Mr Ali was attacked by a group of men in Stansgate Road, Dagenham, at about 7.30pm on Sunday, September 25.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
He managed to stagger around the corner to Braintree Road but collapsed from his wounds and died a short while later. His next of kin have been informed.
Four other men – three aged 21 and another 26 – were arrested on Wednesday September 28 on suspicion of murder.
All were taken into custody at an east London police station and later bailed to return on dates on dates in mid November, pending further enquiries.