Two men arrested after pair shot and another man stabbed at Romford party
- Credit: Archant
Two men were shot and one stabbed at a private party in Romford in the early hours of Sunday morning.
A Met Police spokesman confirmed they were called at 5.30am to a private event in Bridge Close, where they were informed someone had been seen in possession of a firearm.
He said: “Officers found a 29-year-old man – victim 1 – suffering from a stab wound. He was taken by the London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
“Two other men – victims 2 and 3 – were found with gunshot injuries. They were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Victim 3 has since been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
Despite some reports on social media that a separate shooting had taken place nearby at Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, hospital staff tweeted a statement saying this was not the case.
Two men, a 22-year-old and a 30-year-old, have been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm and taken to an east London police station where they remain in custody.
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 4 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 5 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows
- 6 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 7 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 8 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 9 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 10 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
Detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
Inquiries continue. Anyone with information is asked to contact officers via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.