Two men arrested after pair shot and another man stabbed at Romford party
- Credit: Archant
Two men were shot and one stabbed at a private party in Romford in the early hours of Sunday morning.
A Met Police spokesman confirmed they were called at 5.30am to a private event in Bridge Close, where they were informed someone had been seen in possession of a firearm.
He said: “Officers found a 29-year-old man – victim 1 – suffering from a stab wound. He was taken by the London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
“Two other men – victims 2 and 3 – were found with gunshot injuries. They were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Victim 3 has since been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
Despite some reports on social media that a separate shooting had taken place nearby at Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, hospital staff tweeted a statement saying this was not the case.
Two men, a 22-year-old and a 30-year-old, have been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm and taken to an east London police station where they remain in custody.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 9 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
Detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
Inquiries continue. Anyone with information is asked to contact officers via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.